The Public Information Officer, Date: 29-Oct-09
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi 110067.
Subject: Application under Right to Information Act 2005.
I made a complaint regarding ban on tobacco products inside the premises of the University with my letter dated 24th Aug 09 and reminder dated 7-Oct-09 (copies attached) but no action has been taken so far. (Mention receipt number here)
Please provide me following information with respect to same:
1) Please indicate the daily progress made on my complaint so far. i.e. when did my complaint reach which officer, for how long did it stay with that officer and what action did he/she take on it during that period?
2) Please give the names and designations of the officials, if any, who delayed taking action on my complaint.
3) What action would be taken against these officials for delay? By when would action be taken?
4) By when would my complaint be dealt with?
5) Please tell that how many shops in or with in a radius of 100 (one hundred) yards of the JNU and are still selling the tobacco products.
6) How many Cannabis or Ganja plants have been there in the premises of each or within a radius of 10 m of the hostel?
7) What are the guidelines in the regard of sale of tobacco products in University by UGC?
8) How JNU administration ensures that guidelines by UGC (stated in point 7) are followed and cannot be disobeyed at any point in time?
I also, wanted to know following regarding construction labourers. Please provide the following information for the same.
9) How many labourers are there (including labourers hired by contractor)?
10) How many of them are women?
11) From which date they are working for/at JNU?
12) Who is the ultimate employer (that will give them wages) in case of labourer hired by contractor?
13) What wages they are getting?
14) What are the guidelines for providing any kind of welfare of children of the employees by government?
15) What steps JNU administration has taken to follow these guidelines in case of construction labourers?
16) Are their children provided of school / aaganbari?
17) If answer of 16) is yes how many teachers are recruited for that?
18) Where the school/ aaganbari are running?
19) Please also tell how many minors are working in various shops at JNU.
20) What are the guidelines for child labour?
21) What provisions have been made to ensure that guidelines of 20) should get followed?
Please also answer me for the following.
22) What is the procedure, eligibility, requirements to apply for a course offered by other Centre of the University?
23) In SC&SS, what is the basis of evaluation of presentations of MTech I Sem?
24) Is there any kind video recording possible? So that a student can get where he needs more improvement.
25) What is the procedure for a research (MPhill / MTech / PhD) student to take a Guide/Supervisor from other Centre/University, in case subject expert is not available in his own School/Centre?
26) What are other University/Institutions with whom a research student can take supervisor?
27) Please tell how many vacant rooms are available in different hostels during the period 5-Aug-09 to till now (month wise description)? Also tell the how many allotments are made each month during the same period.
I am separately depositing Rs. 10.00 as application fees.
149, Periyar Hostel,